Shooting for Defiance

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Tigertash

Shooting for Defiance

Post by Tigertash »

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Hmm, Vilnius, never been there and it's only a shortish ferry ride away from Helsinki... If this gets half confirmed, I'll be thinking VERY seriously about travelling to Lithuania :wink: Then they'd be shooting in some murky forest way out of town...

Agrippina
Tigertash

Post by Tigertash »

agrippina wrote:Hmm, Vilnius, never been there and it's only a shortish ferry ride away from Helsinki... If this gets half confirmed, I'll be thinking VERY seriously about travelling to Lithuania :wink: Then they'd be shooting in some murky forest way out of town...

Agrippina

Ooooo that would be great :D Hope it happens :D
sigl

Post by sigl »

Good luck! I wish he would come here, but I don't think the midwest of the US is very interesting for a movie.....
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

agrippina wrote:Hmm, Vilnius, never been there and it's only a shortish ferry ride away from Helsinki... If this gets half confirmed, I'll be thinking VERY seriously about travelling to Lithuania :wink: Then they'd be shooting in some murky forest way out of town...

Agrippina
From imbd - not worth a lot, I guess,but anyway...

Filimg in Lithuania, not Ukraine.

Hope you get the chance - you would have to experience that for all of us.:wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Ed Zwick's World War II drama Defiance has picked up another actor. According to Variety, The Bourne Supremacy's Tomas Arana will be joining Daniel Craig in the film.

The plot follows four brothers who find themselves trapped in Nazi-occupied Poland. They escape to Germany, where they join the Russian Resistance in order to fight Hitler. Arana will be playing one of the resistance leaders.

The film does not have a start date at this time
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Well, I got also an alert from a Lithuanian source, which says a tiny bit more:

http://irzikevicius.wordpress.com/2007/ ... n-vilnius/

Check out the original (a link in the text) also just for fun - the language looks absolutely adorable: Dzeims Bond indeed :wink: I love it the way they have all these upper and lower register signs and how they apparently use phonetic translitteration at least for some foreign names...

Well, Vilnius is at about the same distance from Helsinki as northernmost Finland... The cheapest way (and most adventurous?!) would be to take a ferry to Tallinn (Estonia, a couple of hours) and then a bus to Vilnius (about 10 hours). Actually, I would not mind going, have never been to the Baltic countries much, but my work schedule might not allow it. :?

What I find interesting is that apparently you guys got a Google alert from western sources whereas my first info came from Lithuania (albeit in English?!)... They modify the searches by area somehow?!

Agrippina
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

agrippina wrote:What I find interesting is that apparently you guys got a Google alert from western sources whereas my first info came from Lithuania (albeit in English?!)... They modify the searches by area somehow?!
Did you create yor alert with google.com or google.fi?
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Anglophile wrote:
agrippina wrote:What I find interesting is that apparently you guys got a Google alert from western sources whereas my first info came from Lithuania (albeit in English?!)... They modify the searches by area somehow?!
Did you create yor alert with google.com or google.fi?
Alas, my search engine is google.fi, but the account manager is .com. The searches are done in English language pages, it seems, at least there has been no other lingo in the alerts so far. Do you get German stuff?! I'm sure that Daniel gets mentioned in other languages as well...

Agrippina
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I don't get any German stuff in my alerts at all. I just checked and noticed that if I go to the google.de homepage, there is a link that says "google.com in English", and when I click on that I get the US version. I think that's where I created my alert, not the German site.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

I love the international flavor of this forum!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Liev Schreiber and Jamie Bell are joining Daniel Craig in the World War Two resistance movie "Defiance."

The fact-based film revolves around Jewish brothers (Craig, Schreiber and Bell) living in Nazi-occupied Poland who escape into the Belarussian forest where they join Russian resistance fighters. Throughout the war, they build a village inside the forest and save the lives of more than 1,200 Jews.
Additionally Alexa Davalos will play Lilka, a Polish refugee and the love interest of Craig's character. Tomas Arana will play Ben Zion, a skilled leader in the resistance.

http://www.brawnylads.com/hotties/alexa ... 55_400.jpg Alexa - pretty, could be a Bond girl, too.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/Movies/Acto ... 50x200.jpg Liev

http://media.justjared.com/headlines/20 ... irport.jpg Jamie

jf

Post by jf »

does anyone know the name of the book which the movie is based on?
I like Shrieber he is a great actor as well! The other two I am not familiar
with? The girl looks really young to be a bond girl.
jphelps

Post by jphelps »

sigl wrote:Good luck! I wish he would come here, but I don't think the midwest of the US is very interesting for a movie.....
You never know... I think DC was in Grand Rapids, Michigan when they filmed "Road To Perdition" according to the imdb website a few years ago. That's about 2 hours away for me. Too bad I didn't know about him then...
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

jf wrote:does anyone know the name of the book which the movie is based on?
Nechama Tec: Defiance: The Bielski Partisans

Check eg this for more:
http://www.westport-news.com/ci_6583836

Agrippina