Daniel for International Women's Day

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

at first I didn't think it was really him. I thought it was a carboard cut out or something like that, Then the camera came in closer and I could see it was really him. I didn't know where it was going to go. I am so glad I saw it before it was posted on the internet. Seeing him as a woman and not knowing what it was all about I would of been confused
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

The overall acceptance of this vid is great.

Interesting is the fact that the Craig-haters get their satisfaction out of this, claiming that Daniel and Barbara deliver the death blow to the franchise by dressing Bond up as a women. :roll:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:The overall acceptance of this vid is great.

Interesting is the fact that the Craig-haters get their satisfaction out of this, claiming that Daniel and Barbara deliver the death blow to the franchise by dressing Bond up as a women. :roll:
Good grief. What is wrong with people?! Who could possibly hate Daniel after CR? Besides, Pierce, Timothy, etc... lol. I was thinking that I bet a lot of his peers who grew up with him through the theater circuit in GB are jealous of him. People who never made it and people like Jude, who is a B-lister.
caramel

Post by caramel »

tbossmc2000 wrote:I found it fasinating how he can stare at the camera and not blink, twitch or flinch, he is a traiend professional.
Now that you mention it, isn't it amazing that he can do that unblinking stare when he is 'acting' and be oh so adorably fidgety during interviews ? most of the time he wont even make eye contact with the interviewer :lol:

I like the way he stares at the Sienna Miller char in Layer Cake in the night club scene ; she will be dancing and he will keep staring at her without blinking......sexy Image
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:

Good grief. What is wrong with people?! Who could possibly hate Daniel after CR? Besides, Pierce, Timothy, etc... lol. I was thinking that I bet a lot of his peers who grew up with him through the theater circuit in GB are jealous of him. People who never made it and people like Jude, who is a B-lister.
There are a few "Bondfans" who are not amused by his portrait of Bond..
Those are having a blast now at e.g. commanderbond.net.
Somehow I think they haven't realized that this vid is well accepted and has raised his reputation just for doing something like that.

Interesting is the fact that the guys at craigisnotbond.com don't mention the vid at all (at least until now :lol:)

caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:
Somehow I think they haven't realized that this vid is well accepted and has raised his reputation just for doing something like that.

Interesting is the fact that the guys at craigisnotbond.com don't mention the vid at all (at least until now :lol:)
I noticed that it was pretty well received in Twitter. I didn't know that the anti-craig website was still alive :shock:
Oh well, we can never make everybody happy anyway.... But I seriously applaud DC for doing this - just for the fact that he put himself out there like that.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:
sf2la wrote:

That's all very interesting. They are such dummies. This video is a very bold move on his part and it's done so soberingly well (except for the pant legs and short tie :lol:). I found myself sort of holding my breath through it because of the message, not Daniel. It could win a Clio!
Sue

Daniel for International Women's Day

Post by Sue »

Hi I saw Daniel dressed as a woman addressing the fact women still aren't equal to me for International Women's Day. This advert was screened on our TV news. :D Daniel has a blonde wig on and a floral dress with an adequate bust there, wonder what he wore underneath the dress, and makeup, and then he removes the wig and you can see Daniel's own gorgeous hair underneath. The announcer said "007 to Woman". :D

What a man to be able to be comfortable enough to dress as a woman to support us ladies in our struggle still in the 21st century, for equality. :wink: Daniel is such a sensitive guy and that's why I also adore him. He makes quite an impact as a woman!!!

:lol: What do you think of the advert and is Daniel your kind of woman??? :D Daniel is not afraid to put makeup, a wig and a dress on!!! Good on you Daniel!!! :)
Hi there Daniel fans. Please feel free to e-mail me as I love to hear from others to keep me in touch with what's going on with Daniel!!! He is such an amazing actor, has amazing looks, those blue eyes and a sexy voice!!!
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Daniel for International Women's Day

Post by Dunda »

Sue wrote: :lol: What do you think of the advert and is Daniel your kind of woman??? :D Daniel is not afraid to put makeup, a wig and a dress on!!! Good on you Daniel!!! :)
Well I think he should work on his waist!

Naa, kidding aside I think it was a smart movie to use the male icon James Bond for this campain.

We discussed it starting here http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... start=7157

Lucky you that it was aired on TV in NZ :D

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Could we transfer the discussion onto here, Dunda? I tried, but it showed error. I think, it would be nice to have an own thread for it.

I love, how he is all man throughout the whole vid.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I will try when I'm at home in the afternoon.

The buys over at MI6 are on the edge of a breakdown over this ad :lol: :lol:

Damage to the franchise, to Fleming, to the world :twisted:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:I will try when I'm at home in the afternoon.

The buys over at MI6 are on the edge of a breakdown over this ad :lol: :lol:

Damage to the franchise, to Fleming, to the world :twisted:
Its trending on twitter and favourable. What happens on the Bond boards is only that those, who dislike Daniel anyway - are speaking out now, of course. On a whole IMO - they are not seeing it that negative. I read both boards and most back it up.

EDIT: I just tried to find it again on MI6 and couldn't. Maybe they have deleted it :lol:

But its a bold move nevertheless on Daniels part and of those involved. I am glad, he hasn't lost his guts and starts to play it save. :thumbup:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From his most watched vid on YT 119.637, its like 1.388, dislike 52

Guess that says it all. Its very well received :D

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:From his most watched vid on YT 119.637, its like 1.388, dislike 52

Guess that says it all. Its very well received :D
yes it is....

but the MI6 guy don't get it...even some of those who are nnot known as Craig haters

http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=53889

poppy

Post by poppy »

what a great vid for a great cause!
bumblebee wrote:Love the big sigh he gives as he emerges as a woman!
i noticed that too
Cyanaurora wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:I found it fasinating how he can stare at the camera and not blink, twitch or flinch, he is a traiend professional.
Especially knowing how fidgety he is. She fidgets her left hand a bit at first in a very familiar way.
and this too! watched him do it first and then her.
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"