News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... alent.html

Also on tonight's show, the audience is treated to the Chippendoubles, a dance act dressed up to resemble celebrities such as David Beckham, Gordon Ramsay, Daniel Craig - and judge Simon Cowell.

ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nnery.html

An extraordinary brain condition that has left a middle-aged woman unable to recognise any voice apart from Sean Connery is shedding new light into how the human brain works.

For as long as she can remember, the 62-year-old successful businesswoman has struggled to tell different voices apart - even those of close family members.

Unless she can see the face of a speaker, she has no idea who is talking. Her condition is so serious, she avoids using the telephone and is unable to recognise her daughter.

The only exception is the gentle Scottish burr of the former James Bond actor.

The woman - who is known as KH - is the first known case in the world of someone being born with 'phonagnosia'.

She is able to tell the difference between men and women's voices, but not the individuality of each voice.

During a series of tests carried out recently, she was was unable to recognise distinctive celebrity voices - including Baroness Thatcher, Joanna Lumley, David Beckham, Dawn French, Chris Tarrant and Ann Widdecombe.

The only voice she recognised was Connery's.

KH had no idea what caused her problem until a few years ago when she read a magazine article about face blindness - a rare condition in which people cannot remember faces.

In one extreme case, a farmer who had suffered brain damage in a stroke was able to tell each one of his flock apart, but unable to identify the faces of his family.

In the hope that doctors might solve the mystery, the woman - who works as a management consultant - contacted scientists at University College London.

Exhaustive tests, recordings and brain scans finally confirmed her condition.

Researchers found that while she could understand what was being said, she could not identify a speaker as someone she had been listening to a few minutes before.

Her condition was more than a simple inability to remember voices - because she even struggled to tell the difference between two voice recordings played back to back, they found.

Professor Pascal Belin, a neuroscientist at Glasgow University and expert on phonagnosia, said: 'Identifying voices is surprisingly important for people, especially on the telephone.

'We can usually tell who someone is on the telephone, even if the line is bad, from just a word. But people with phonognosia are not able to do this.'

KH has struggled to recognise voices all her life. She only uses the telephone when calls have been booked in advance so she knows who is calling.

In one incident, she was talking to work colleagues when a voice began speaking behind her. She did not recognise the voice and so did not turn round and later realised that the person was her former boss who she unwittingly snubbed.

In the Eighties she introduced herself to work colleagues with a different form of her name - so that she could tell when phone calls came from people at work and when they were from friends.

The condition normally occurs after a stroke or a head injury. Scans revealed no damage to the woman's brain, but they did spot that part of her brain known as the temporal voice area was less active.

The finding suggests that the right hemisphere of the brain may play a key role in voice recognition.

Is like me I only answer and react to Daniel's voice. :happyrunning:
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... miere.html
The film may be been The Prince Of Persia, but it was the fairytale princess who stole the show.

Gemma Arterton's nude coloured Valentino ballgown, embroidered with thousands of silver beads, dazzled the crowd.

Teamed with a severe side parting in her dark hair, and lashings of red lipstick, Gemma looked quite the Hollywood movie star.

ImageImage

beautiful :shock:
Last edited by calypso on Sun May 09, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

She quite makes a career for herself. Jake does look very tired. These premiers do take a toll.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Gemma is definitely getting a lot of attention. In the trailer she usurps Jake totally in terms of airtime.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://travelblog.dailymail.co.uk/2010/ ... l#comments

The cheapest way to hang out with the rich and famous? Just buy a flight to LA.
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... miere.html
The film may be been The Prince Of Persia, but it was the fairytale princess who stole the show.

Gemma Arterton's nude coloured Valentino ballgown, embroidered with thousands of silver beads, dazzled the crowd.

Teamed with a severe side parting in her dark hair, and lashings of red lipstick, Gemma looked quite the Hollywood movie star.

ImageImage

beautiful :shock:
Stunning, the dress, her hair, skin, the way she carries herself. Pure prefection IMO
calypso

Post by calypso »

i agree.
she like porcelain doll.
ImageImage
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Wow she looks amazing :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

She does look amazing...here's an interview with gemma talking about ner role in Prince of Persia and kissing Jake and Daniel..

However, while filming the romantic scenes, she reveals she once got carried away and French-kissed her co-star, who was dating Reese Witherspoon at the time.

"Somebody asked me if I used my tongue and I said, 'Well, I gave him a kiss and perhaps my tongue slipped' and I thought, 'Oh God, no, what have I done?'

"It was an accident," she says sheepishly. But not her first kiss cock-up. "Yes, I did the same with Daniel Craig," she says giggling.

"I get so carried away and he is an incredible kisser." :twisted:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/ce ... -22247376/

Naughty girl, she certainly makes the most of her opportunities! I'm in the wrong job!!!
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Can't blame her :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Katherine

Post by Katherine »

Cicero wrote:Can't blame her :wink:

Can you even begin to imagine the will power it would take not to let the tongue wander?
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:"Somebody asked me if I used my tongue and I said, 'Well, I gave him a kiss and perhaps my tongue slipped' and I thought, 'Oh God, no, what have I done?'

"It was an accident," she says sheepishly. But not her first kiss cock-up. "Yes, I did the same with Daniel Craig," she says giggling.

"I get so carried away and he is an incredible kisser." :twisted:
Well that confirms it! Angelina Jolie said the same thing.

Once kissed - never forgotten! :twisted:
Sazza

Post by Sazza »

Katherine wrote:

Can you even begin to imagine the will power it would take not to let the tongue wander?
It would be impossible!! Just looking at Daniel makes it hard to control anything!!! :twisted:
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
calypso

Post by calypso »

Sazza wrote:
Katherine wrote:

It would be impossible!! Just looking at Daniel makes it hard to control anything!!! :twisted:
ImageImage