THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
I hope so! :D Incidentally, Jess Platt has been working on C&A but not with Daniel who has had a different dialect coach.
How you know? Come on, spell the beans.. :wink:
He's on the list for cast and crew on Idmb! :lol:
:mrgreen:
Michael Buster .... dialect coach: Daniel Craig
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

interesting interview, thanks Luna.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Hälsingland prepares for Hollywood welcome

The region of Hälsingland in northern Sweden is set to host the cast of the US remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - the first of the Stieg Larsson Millennium trilogy, with local residents and businesses ready to cash in on the Hollywood windfall.

"What I can say is there are a number of indications that filming will take place in Hälsingland," Ola Rutz at Swedish production company Yellow Bird Productions told the local daily Ljusnan.

Rutz and Yellow Bird colleague Thomas Lothström have been in Bollnäs to check out possible locations for the film, whose Swedish language version has proved a smash hit, bursting through the $100 million mark already by the end of June.

"A hot tip would be to keep your eyes open for what happens in Segersta in the near future," Rutz told local news website helahälsingland.se, referring to the small town on the banks of the Ljusnan river, 250 kilometres north of Stockholm and home to around 350 people.

According to the website planning permission has been sought for a grocery store and three boathouses with jetties in Segersta. The decision on the planning permission is likely to be taken on September 7th ahead of planned filming of the movie in September and October.

But while nothing is yet decided, Rutz indicated that if Hälsingland were given the nod by by Colombia Pictures, then it is likely to feature in some key scenes in the film and involve the stars - recently confirmed as Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomqvist, and Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander.

Bitti Lehman, who together with her husband Jörg Lehmann, runs Kilafors Herrgård - a 19th century manor on the banks of the Bergviken lake - which has received a booking from the film team for five weeks sometime in September and October.

"I can confirm that we have received a preliminary booking from the film team for the autumn. They have hired the whole hotel but we don't know the specifics of who may be staying here," Bitti Lehman told The Local on Tuesday.

Lehman told The Local that while the area is getting used to being in focus as a result of the royal wedding in June - Prince Daniel originates from nearby Ockelbo - the booking stands to give the hotel and the area a further significant boost.

"It means a lot to us and for the town and the whole area. We are of course very happy for this booking and hope for a continued boost to our hotel and that it leads to more visitors to the whole of Hälsingland," Lehmann told The Local.

http://www.thelocal.se/28548/20100824/
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

This is HILARIOUS!

The Girl Who Fixed the Umlaut
by Nora Ephron

There was a tap at the door at five in the morning. She woke up. Shit. Now what? She’d fallen asleep with her Palm Tungsten T3 in her hand. It would take only a moment to smash it against the wall and shove the battery up the nose of whoever was out there annoying her. She went to the door.

“I know you’re home,” he said.

Kalle fucking Blomkvist.

She tried to remember whether she was speaking to him or not. Probably not. She tried to remember why. No one knew why. It was undoubtedly because she’d been in a bad mood at some point. Lisbeth Salander was entitled to her bad moods on account of her miserable childhood and her tiny breasts, but it was starting to become confusing just how much irritability could be blamed on your slight figure and an abusive father you had once deliberately set on fire and then years later split open the head of with an axe.

Salander opened the door a crack and spent several paragraphs trying to decide whether to let Blomkvist in. Many italic thoughts flew through her mind. Go away. Perhaps. So what. Etc.

“Please,” he said. “I must see you. The umlaut on my computer isn’t working.”

He was cradling an iBook in his arms. She looked at him. He looked at her. She looked at him. He looked at her. And then she did what she usually did when she had run out of italic thoughts: she shook her head.

“I can’t really go on without an umlaut,” he said. “We’re in Sweden.”

But where in Sweden were they? There was no way to know, especially if you’d never been to Sweden. A few chapters ago, for example, an unscrupulous agent from Swedish Intelligence had tailed Blomkvist by taking Stora Essingen and Gröndal into Södermalm, and then driving down Hornsgatan and across Bellmansgatan via Brännkyrkagatan, with a final left onto Tavastgatan. Who cared, but there it was, in black-and-white, taking up space. And now Blomkvist was standing in her doorway. Someone might still be following him—but who? There was no real way to be sure even when you found out, because people’s names were so confusingly similar—Gullberg, Sandberg, and Holmberg; Nieminen and Niedermann; and, worst of all, Jonasson, Mårtensson, Torkelsson, Fredriksson, Svensson, Johansson, Svantesson, Fransson, and Paulsson.

“I need my umlaut,” Blomkvist said. “What if I want to go to Svavelsjö? Or Strängnäs? Or Södertälje? What if I want to write to Wadensjö? Or Ekström or Nyström?”

It was a compelling argument.

She opened the door.

He handed her the computer and went to make coffee on her Jura Impressa X7.

She tried to get the umlaut to work. No luck. She pinged Plague and explained the problem. Plague was fat, but he would know what to do, and he would tell her, in Courier typeface.

<Where> Plague wrote.

<Stockholm>

<There>

She went to the bathroom and got a Q-tip and gently cleaned the area around the Alt key. It popped into place. Then she pressed “U.” An umlaut danced before her eyes.

Finally, she spoke.

“It’s fixed,” she said.

“Thanks,” he said.

She thought about smiling, but she’d smiled three hundred pages earlier, and once was enough.

source: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2010/07/ ... uts_ephron

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

:clapclap: :rotfl: :clapclap: :rotfl: :clapclap: :rotfl: :clapclap: :rotfl:

Thanks, I needed that!
Sammijane

Post by Sammijane »

Very entertaining indeed :D :D
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Oh boy, my copy is to arrive any day now. It's gonna be a fun read! :lol:
Crazy!
bubita

Post by bubita »

actually, I can picture the scene!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

That's great! But you know what's missing?
SANDWICHES! :shock:
They eat them all the time! For breakfast, for snacks, open ones, closed ones, liver and cheese ones....everytime a sandwich was mentioned I could hear myself curse under my breath...bloody hell not another one! :D
I hope Daniel is up for the sandwich challenge!! Sadly for him, no mention of bacon ones! :D
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Oh boy, my copy is to arrive any day now. It's gonna be a fun read! :lol:
Is there more?
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Sylvia's girl wrote:That's great! But you know what's missing?
They eat them all the time! For breakfast, for snacks, open ones, closed ones, liver and cheese ones....everytime a sandwich was mentioned I could hear myself curse under my breath...bloody hell not another one! :D
I hope Daniel is up for the sandwich challenge!! Sadly for him, no mention of bacon ones! :D
I think we should have a contest to count the number of times coffee is mentioned. Obviously, the author was not a "foodie"
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Cyanaurora wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:Oh boy, my copy is to arrive any day now. It's gonna be a fun read! :lol:
Is there more?
Not to the article, no. But if Nora is making fun of the book, by writing in the style she did, I think it's going to be hard not to laugh at it now.
Crazy!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

All 3 books are on sale at Target this week .
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:That's great! But you know what's missing?
LOL, I was always hungry when they were making the sandwiches.
AND coffee, all the time coffee.
cigarettes guee.