SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

These are only useless speculations,let them speak,is all they're able to do.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This is more of a general wondering than anything else... If newspapers cannot verify a story as to be TRUE, then why print it???? :? Is it just to sell newspapers and, if so, why should the "stupid" general public believe it in the first place??? It's clearly b***s**t. Anyone who knows Daniel as an actor and the Bond Franchise as a whole wouldn't believe it. It just pisses me off a bit and I'm in the mood for questioning everything this weekend... :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So all seems well. Icahn didn't give us another delay :D

Bloomberg wrote:
Changes in MGM Plan Not Material, Judge Rules Nov. 12

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. secured a critical ruling permitting a quick exit from Chapter 11 when the bankruptcy judge ruled on Nov. 12 that changes made to the plan after creditors voted weren’t material and don’t require re- solicitation.

MGM filed a so-called prepackaged reorganization on Nov. 3 and prevailed on the bankruptcy judge to schedule a Dec. 2 confirmation hearing for approval of the plan. Creditors voted before the Chapter 11 petition was filed.

After the vote was taken, MGM negotiated a settlement with Carl Icahn that entailed changing corporate governance rules and dropping a combination with Cypress Entertainment Group Inc. and Garoge Inc. The changes necessitated modifications in the plan. The bankruptcy judge ruled last week that the changes weren’t material. Were it otherwise, creditors would have been required to vote again.

The judge directed MGM to file the revised plan and details on the corporate arrangements by Nov. 23.

At the Nov. 12 hearing, the judge also approved an agreement for $500 million in financing to support the exit from Chapter 11. For Bloomberg coverage of the hearing and approval of other so-called first day motions, click here.

MGM’s plan will swap $4.89 billion of debt under a credit agreement for most of the equity. The plan pays general unsecured claims in full while existing stockholders receive nothing.

MGM’s assets include 4,100 feature films and 10,800 television episodes. The assets at Sept. 30 were $2.67 billion with total liabilities listed for $5.77 billion, without adjustments required by generally accepted accounting principles. MGM owns 62.5 percent of United Artists Entertainment LLC, which isn’t in bankruptcy.

Los Angeles-based MGM was acquired in April 2005 in a $4.8 billion transaction by a group including Credit Suisse Group AG, Providence Equity Partners Inc., Sony Corp. and TPG Capital.

The case is In re Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., 10- 15774, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District New York (Manhattan).
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Jeffrey Wright talks briefly about Daniel Craig and Bond 23

Bond 23 - 15-11-10

Broadway.com spoke to American actor Jeffrey Wright this week about his work on the stage, and the current Felix Leiter mentioned his past pre-007 links with Daniel Craig and the current state of the 23rd James Bond movie (AKA 'Bond 23').

Did you and Daniel Craig ever talk about [the stage production of] "Angels" on the set of the two James Bond movies you did?
Yeah! He reminded me one day on set that he had played Joe [Pitt] at the Donmar in London the same time we were doing the show on Broadway. There were a number of confluences for us prior to working together on the Bond movies.

Any news on the next Bond film, which is supposed to be directed by Sam Mendes?
Things seem to be moving in the right direction, although sideways at times. It seems to be heading toward some resolution.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Icahn Assembles His Own Lionsgate Board: Will Chris McGurk Be On It? + MGM News
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/icahn-a ... more-86283
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Looking good

MGM's Post-Bankruptcy Board Takes Shape

When MGM exits bankruptcy next month, its new-look board of directors will include a few more media veterans. Jason Hirschhorn, who was recently the co-president of MySpace, and former CBS Corp chief financial officer Frederic Reynolds will be part of the 9 person board, joining new MGM bosses Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum along with representatives of creditors that helped restructure the company. Two board spots have yet to be filled, and one of those will be chosen by Carl Icahn, who just unveiled his Lionsgate board and who has in recent months amassed 18% of MGM's debt. The appointments of Hirschhorn and Reynolds tap into MGM's attempt to leverage its extensive film library while managing its release slate, which will supposedly be around 7-8 films per year starting in 2012. Reynolds will bring his traditional media experience to the company, while Hirschhorn, prior to Facebook, was president of entertainment for Sling Media and chief digital officer for MTV Networks. December 2 is the day on which the bankruptcy court is expected to approve MGM's reorganization plan.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

MGM have no objections, so the hearing is going ahead tomorrow:

Creditors silent on MGM reorganization plan MGM's creditors have declined to object to the studio's reorganization plan, clearing the way for a key bankruptcy court hearing later this week. No objections have been filed to the plan and a meeting Tuesday that MGM was required to hold for creditors -- where they could question MGM reps -- drew no attendees, according to MGM attorney Jay Goffman. MGM's hearing has been set for Thursday in Manhattan before Judge Stuart Bernstein and will cover the adequacy of its disclosure statement and solicitation procedures and confirmation of the plan. MGM was last in court on Nov. 12 when Bernstein authorized amendments to the studio's plan, including the exclusion of the Spyglass Entertainment library from the deal. Spyglass toppers Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum will become the heads of MGM once it emerges from Chapter 11 protection. The Chapter 11 plan will eliminate $5 billion in debt by converting a loan through J.P. Morgan into stock in the reorganized company. A source familiar with the situation said Tuesday that Ann Mather, former chief financial officer of Pixar Animation Studios, is likely to join the new MGM board of directors. MGM disclosed a week ago in a court filing that its board would include three members who were part of the creditors committee -- Patrick H. Daugherty of Highland Capital Management, Christopher Pucillo of Solus Alternative Asset Management and Kevin Ulrich of Anchorage Capital Group. MGM has also tapped MySpace co-president Jason O. Hirschhorn and former CBS chief financial officer Frederic G. Reynolds as directors along with Barber and Birnbaum.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028242?refCatId=13

So - fingers crossed, they have a distributor soon and the script is further developed, then we think.
An announcement with some details would be one of those early Christmnas pressies, I suppose - well - the RIGHT announcement that is
:wink:

bubita

Post by bubita »

I can´t wait to hear some good news from that front!!!
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

We just have to go on having our fingers crossed, and most of all we must think P O S I T I V E !!!

I can feel it'll all be alright...
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:MGM have no objections, so the hearing is going ahead tomorrow:

Creditors silent on MGM reorganization plan MGM's creditors have declined to object to the studio's reorganization plan, clearing the way for a key bankruptcy court hearing later this week. No objections have been filed to the plan and a meeting Tuesday that MGM was required to hold for creditors -- where they could question MGM reps -- drew no attendees, according to MGM attorney Jay Goffman. MGM's hearing has been set for Thursday in Manhattan before Judge Stuart Bernstein and will cover the adequacy of its disclosure statement and solicitation procedures and confirmation of the plan. MGM was last in court on Nov. 12 when Bernstein authorized amendments to the studio's plan, including the exclusion of the Spyglass Entertainment library from the deal. Spyglass toppers Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum will become the heads of MGM once it emerges from Chapter 11 protection. The Chapter 11 plan will eliminate $5 billion in debt by converting a loan through J.P. Morgan into stock in the reorganized company. A source familiar with the situation said Tuesday that Ann Mather, former chief financial officer of Pixar Animation Studios, is likely to join the new MGM board of directors. MGM disclosed a week ago in a court filing that its board would include three members who were part of the creditors committee -- Patrick H. Daugherty of Highland Capital Management, Christopher Pucillo of Solus Alternative Asset Management and Kevin Ulrich of Anchorage Capital Group. MGM has also tapped MySpace co-president Jason O. Hirschhorn and former CBS chief financial officer Frederic G. Reynolds as directors along with Barber and Birnbaum.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028242?refCatId=13

So - fingers crossed, they have a distributor soon and the script is further developed, then we think.
An announcement with some details would be one of those early Christmnas pressies, I suppose - well - the RIGHT announcement that is
:wink:
Well, what do you know.....I KNOW Ann Mather. She was my neighbor when she was CFO for Pixar. Extremely nice and extremely smart.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

David Arnold on Bond 23 - 'we're back on' - awaiting script

In a FilmMusicMag interview that mostly covers his score for the latest "Narnia" movie, David Arnold was briefly asked about the state of the 23rd James Bond film:

Now that it looks like the next James Bond is finally getting going, have you thought about what you’d like to do for the next score? And how do you hope Bond’s character, and the series continues to evolve?

"I haven’t thought about it yet. We only just got the news that we’re back on. But ‘there’s many a slip twixt cup and lip’ So I will keep quiet until I get a script and then start writing ideas. I just hope the next one is as good as my favorites, as I think everyone does. And I’m always interested in what Daniel Craig brings to the part. But like most things with movies, if it ain’t on the page etc… All I can say is that I’m looking forward to a great script for it, alongside every other Bond fan in the world!"

David Arnold has scored the last five James Bond films. MGM is expected to formally emerge from bankruptcy proceedings this month, and have already announced a planned November 2012 release date for Bond 23 and additional 007 adventures every two years thereafter.

source: http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
lauriesplace

Post by lauriesplace »

Yeah, finally the end is in sight, and we will have James back!!!!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh be still my beating heart! Yay! :hyper:
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu May 05, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Daniel_Craig wrote::D Yeah! James Bond will return! :thumbup:
Now you shall do huge amazing poster for that D_C :oops: