Where to post the pics...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks for posting. Whatever bothers you, say it now. This is the time and place to do it. If not, this will be a missed opportunity to change, what is bothering any of you and will not help the cause. I know, this might turn out wrong - but its on us to not let this happen this time.
You cannot deal in absolutes, second guessing and walking on egg shells with others on a discussion forum. Not all posters were Sats enamoured but the carping was nipped in the bud before it tainted this forum.

I think the dynamics and type of posters has changed over time and has led to some ill mannered sniping, bruised egos, chest beating and self serving alliances.

The way forward is to acknowledge that some like and dislike Sats, and some like and dislike Rachel and we should be adult enough to agree to disagree on occasion instead of every perceived slight being met with dummies being thrown out of the pram, finger pointing and pissing on others to prove a point to the detriment of everyone else.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I don't see why the forum should change because of who Daniel is dating. Whether its Sats, Rachel, or someone else; if she's Daniel's love, she's going to work her way into discussions, particularly when there are photos. Respect and acceptance should be shown for him, his family members, and his love(s).

The forum's format shouldn't change with each new love, which I'm hoping will be no more. It's exhausting.
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:I don't see why the forum should change because of who Daniel is dating. Whether its Sats, Rachel, or someone else; if she's Daniel's love, she's going to work her way into discussions, particularly when there are photos. Respect and acceptance should be shown for him, his family members, and his love(s).

The forum's format shouldn't change with each new love, which I'm hoping will be no more. It's exhausting.
:lol: i know it is, we r so close to him thats why yes? i hold my breath every day to see he still with rachel..
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:
sf2la wrote:I don't see why the forum should change because of who Daniel is dating. Whether its Sats, Rachel, or someone else; if she's Daniel's love, she's going to work her way into discussions, particularly when there are photos. Respect and acceptance should be shown for him, his family members, and his love(s).

:lol: i know it is, we r so close to him thats why yes? i hold my breath every day to see he still with rachel..
I'm not at the holding my breath phase. I think they'll make it work, but I'm just speculting. We really know VERY little about his relationships. We get pics here and there, some posed, some not, but we are never privy to his private discussions with his gfs. Not one.
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:
calypso wrote:

I'm not at the holding my breath phase. I think they'll make it work, but I'm just speculting. We really know VERY little about his relationships. We get pics here and there, some posed, some not, but we are never privy to his private discussions with his gfs. Not one.
oh i think this will go far but i pray no more changes, it very emotional
let this be one he marry and settle with or not marry it not matter..
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:
sf2la wrote:
calypso wrote: :lol: i know it is, we r so close to him thats why yes? i hold my breath every day to see he still with rachel..
oh i think this will go far but i pray no more changes, it very emotional
let this be one he marry and settle with or not marry it not matter..
I'm getting off topic, but the most emotional part for me has been my concern over Sats's recovery. There was such a long time where we didn't see Sats with Daniel, that we knew 'something' had to be up. Heck, I thought she was holed away pregnant! I put myself in her shoes and just cannot imagine - paid for condo and a huge sum of money or not. To see this relationship played out for as long as it lasts would devastate me. I wish we'd get news. Maybe at the Tribeca FF.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
I'm getting off topic, but the most emotional part for me has been my concern over Sats's recovery. There was such a long time where we didn't see Sats with Daniel, that we knew 'something' had to be up. Heck, I thought she was holed away pregnant! I put myself in her shoes and just cannot imagine - paid for condo and a huge sum of money or not. To see this relationship played out for as long as it lasts would devastate me. I wish we'd get news. Maybe at the Tribeca FF.
This is really the one point missing to finally settle down - getting some confirmation, that Sats is well and moving on. My gut feelings say, she does and we don't have to worry about her, but who knows...yes, lets hope for the TFF.

Thanks for the answers here.

Only together, with a bit of good will from everybody, we can move on, heal our wounds, be comfy posting again and be happy here. Lets do it...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

poppy

Post by poppy »

honeyjes wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Thanks for posting. Whatever bothers you, say it now. This is the time and place to do it. If not, this will be a missed opportunity to change, what is bothering any of you and will not help the cause. I know, this might turn out wrong - but its on us to not let this happen this time.
You cannot deal in absolutes, second guessing and walking on egg shells with others on a discussion forum. Not all posters were Sats enamoured but the carping was nipped in the bud before it tainted this forum.

I think the dynamics and type of posters has changed over time and has led to some ill mannered sniping, bruised egos, chest beating and self serving alliances.

The way forward is to acknowledge that some like and dislike Sats, and some like and dislike Rachel and we should be adult enough to agree to disagree on occasion instead of every perceived slight being met with dummies being thrown out of the pram, finger pointing and pissing on others to prove a point to the detriment of everyone else.
well said
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Something I found interesting seeing pictures of Daniel and Rachel is WOW, I can feel the magnetic draw right through my computer screen.
For me its seeing Daniel in a new light, watching there relationship grow before my eyes.
Satsuki is young, she has many chances for love, children if she chooses.
We only speculate Daniel left her, we have no idea what happened behind closed doors. I have said the before they could of emotionally left the relationsdhip before they physically left. Could of been the same for Rachel and Darren.
They could of wanted different things in life, people change, relationships change.
caramel

Post by caramel »

tbossmc2000 wrote: My personal opinion in the past if someone commented and felt this way about Satsuki one might be banned from the site. I know that is a harsh comment, it's just how it felt.
:stick_iagree: I am late in quoting this but I have to say that tboss read my mind once again.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Something I found interesting seeing pictures of Daniel and Rachel is WOW, I can feel the magnetic draw right through my computer screen.
For me its seeing Daniel in a new light, watching there relationship grow before my eyes.
Satsuki is young, she has many chances for love, children if she chooses.
We only speculate Daniel left her, we have no idea what happened behind closed doors. I have said the before they could of emotionally left the relationsdhip before they physically left. Could of been the same for Rachel and Darren.
They could of wanted different things in life, people change, relationships change.
^ All true. Sats had already been in the picture for several years before I jumped on the Daniel train, so I find it fun and exciting to see and read about him all hot and horny in a newer relationship, and to watch how it's been handled by the tabloids.

I believe there was no love lost in the D&R relationship (too long of courtship without marriage, her disinterest in marriage, etc.), and Darren had/will have NO problem getting another woman. But I just think differently for Sats. I find it hard to believe she didn't want to marry the man. Public displays of affection can be a total act, but in December during ASR, she didn't look or act displeased. I'd like to know how many men would be up to the task of attempting to seriously date her right after Daniel. The star power he has, a 5-7* lifestyle, the physique, etc. And unless he mistreated her and/or she was unhappy with him, it would be unpleasant to adjust your lifestyle down so many notches. And worst of all, the burn of seeing D&R together every time they are. The comings, goings, sightings, and the premiere and red carpet season are still ahead. Ouch.

Wrong place for this post, I know :roll:.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: My personal opinion in the past if someone commented and felt this way about Satsuki one might be banned from the site. I know that is a harsh comment, it's just how it felt.
:stick_iagree: I am late in quoting this but I have to say that tboss read my mind once again.
Maybe that's because Sats was already in Daniel's life when this forum was started and the JJ-poster-type haters got weeded out?

With all the attempts to include existing members, I hope/think it's understood that no one has to like Rachel; it's just that hateful comments won't be tolerated. Also, it's assumed that whomever he chooses as his girlfriend/wife will become part of the discussions, if the discussions are in the appropriate thread.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Maybe we need a "Looking out for Sats' welfare" thread?

It could be that she welcomes her new life. All that traveling, being wholly devoted (it seemed) to his career, pretty much publicly defined by her relationship with him (not denying she was a strong and independent spirit) but it might have lost its appeal. A lifestyle does not a relationship make. She could be liberated and lovin' it!

We'll never know. It would be a welcome affirmation, however, and a turning point as observers to see her looking well and happy.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:Maybe we need a "Looking out for Sats' welfare" thread?
:lol: :lol: We need to get Elisa to move in next door and do what she can to ensure Sats is happy :wink: .
caramel

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote:
caramel wrote:
Maybe that's because Sats was already in Daniel's life when this forum was started and the JJ-poster-type haters got weeded out?

With all the attempts to include existing members, I hope/think it's understood that no one has to like Rachel; it's just that hateful comments won't be tolerated. Also, it's assumed that whomever he chooses as his girlfriend/wife will become part of the discussions, if the discussions are in the appropriate thread.
Absolutely. By having quoted tboss , all I am saying is the same courtesy should be extended towards R - I don't think there should be any question about that. There was zero tolerance to any negativity towards Sats - same should go for Rachel.

I also agreed with Dunda yesterday about how it was never Sats free before and how it shouldn't be Rachel free now. That is only fair. I can totally appreciate our mods for trying all they can to make this forum fair for everyone who wants to participate. That can't be easy given the way we are split in our opinions on this topic.

But given the way the media seems to like this pair (imo) and the way articles about one always mention the other of late, we can't just discuss Daniel alone. So people not enamored of Rach have to find a way to participate like non-Sats-lovers probably did? Greater love for Daniel has to win in the end.