News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Same with Batman 57% lower
Wolverine 52& lowewr
JD 62% lower
Aragorn 52% lower

Seems, nobody gets a higher :lol:. Bond is in good company.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Gollum is on the list? :shock: ....they gotta be having a laugh. :lol:

Though I can totally understand Aragorn. :sigh:

I spent 3 years on the trot obsessing over the LOTR trilogy of films. The books have been at the top of my favs list since I was a teenager and so I was mightly relieved when they made such a good job of an impossible task.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ongue.html

After a bizarre interview on Spanish television Daniel Radcliffe is certain to get tongues wagging after his latest stunt.

The Harry Potter star is used to having camera trickery help him complete scenes but there was no magic needed on Monday when he appeared on the Spanish TV show El Hormiguero.

The 22-year-old revealed a strange talent when he managed to manipulate his tongue into three very different positions.

:shock:
ImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I've taken the parts related to Daniel.

Success pours for Huff after 'A Steady Rain'

Huff made his Broadway debut in 2009 with a sold-out run of "Rain" starring Hugh Jackman (a Broadway veteran, but in musicals) and Daniel Craig (the veteran West Ender-turned-movie star as James Bond in his Broadway debut).

Huff imagined ego clashes between mega-movie stars, not to mention nonstop interruptions from mobile phones and agents. That's not at all what he got.

"I thought if we were lucky, we'd get 30 percent of their attention," Huff says on the phone from Los Angeles, where he's working on several TV projects. "But in that rehearsal room, we had nothing else to think about but this play. Daniel and Hugh gave it their full attention. One thing did surprise me. When the guys arrived in the morning, they hugged everybody. Then there were more hugs when we left for the day. I expected a little diva stuff, but nothing. They're really nice guys. Nobody even threw a chair."

Daniel Craig, funny?

Another surprise for Huff was how funny Craig was. "It's a shame he doesn't do more comedy," Huff says. "He does great impersonations, including a really good Maggie Smith. He even does me. He wouldn't do it when I was in the room, but apparently it was very funny. Hugh told Daniel he should host 'Saturday Night Live,' but Daniel said no, he was a serious actor. Then he laughed."

There's talk of a London run of "A Steady Rain" with Craig and Jackman and maybe even a film version after that (Huff is on the third draft of the screenplay). There are also more plays to come, including "The Bird and Mr. Banks," a hit in L.A. that has been optioned for Broadway.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1mVAZ8yAj
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I would be great if DC and RW could do London theater at the same time. Although pretty easy and essentially risk-free for DC, I think it would be such a waste for him do so the same play twice. It's like a rerun. Let two other actors take it on somewhere else. However, if I lived in London and didn't see DC in NYC, I'd want to see him there. I'd like to see him on stage in something else. I'd travel to London to see that.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Johnny Depp's character beat out Daniel's Bond? No way? And who's Aragon? Oops, I guess now I know why Aragon is Aragon's username!
For whatever reason, for many JD just it IT. The real deal, you know. It might look at times, like I am bashing everybody, who isn't Daniel (sometimes I have that feeling myself :lol:) but I can honestly say, that JD is about the last celeb I feel attracted to.
Ditto .
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Laredo wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote: Johnny Depp's character beat out Daniel's Bond? No way? And who's Aragon? Oops, I guess now I know why Aragon is Aragon's username!
For whatever reason, for many JD just it IT. The real deal, you know. It might look at times, like I am bashing everybody, who isn't Daniel (sometimes I have that feeling myself :lol:) but I can honestly say, that JD is about the last celeb I feel attracted to.
Ditto .
Ditto for me too, but he's one of my good friend's 'Daniel.' I can see it at all. He has feminine features, is small, dresses badly, look dirty, and looks like he smells. And too many tattoos. YUCK.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I've taken the parts related to Daniel.

Huff made his Broadway debut in 2009 with a sold-out run of "Rain" starring Hugh Jackman (a Broadway veteran, but in musicals) and Daniel Craig (the veteran West Ender-turned-movie star as James Bond in his Broadway debut).

Huff imagined ego clashes between mega-movie stars, not to mention nonstop interruptions from mobile phones and agents. That's not at all what he got.

"I thought if we were lucky, we'd get 30 percent of their attention," Huff says on the phone from Los Angeles, where he's working on several TV projects. "But in that rehearsal room, we had nothing else to think about but this play. Daniel and Hugh gave it their full attention. One thing did surprise me. When the guys arrived in the morning, they hugged everybody. Then there were more hugs when we left for the day. I expected a little diva stuff, but nothing. They're really nice guys. Nobody even threw a chair."

Daniel Craig, funny?

Another surprise for Huff was how funny Craig was. "It's a shame he doesn't do more comedy," Huff says. "He does great impersonations, including a really good Maggie Smith. He even does me. He wouldn't do it when I was in the room, but apparently it was very funny. Hugh told Daniel he should host 'Saturday Night Live,' but Daniel said no, he was a serious actor. Then he laughed."

There's talk of a London run of "A Steady Rain" with Craig and Jackman and maybe even a film version after that (Huff is on the third draft of the screenplay). There are also more plays to come, including "The Bird and Mr. Banks," a hit in L.A. that has been optioned for Broadway.

If indeed he really is that funny, I really wish he would do something like SNL or some sort of comedy. :wink:
It would be so good if they bring the play to London. There was no way I could haveafforded seeing it in NYC a couple of years ago. I also think that it could make a really good film.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Word is, a screenplay has been writen by Huff.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Word is, a screenplay has been writen by Huff.
Yes, the article states that he's on his third draft of the screenplay. :wink:
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:

Daniel Craig, funny?

If indeed he really is that funny, I really wish he would do something like SNL or some sort of comedy. :wink:
It would be so good if they bring the play to London. There was no way I could haveafforded seeing it in NYC a couple of years ago. I also think that it could make a really good film.
This warms my heart even more to him, that he can be funny and do maggie smith, (my girls!!)
bubita

Post by bubita »

cheryl1700 wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:

Daniel Craig, funny?

This warms my heart even more to him, that he can be funny and do maggie smith, (my girls!!)
That part was so funny, I can picture him doing that jajaja!
I´d love to see him doing comedy, there´s must be a forgotten scrip somewhere that he hasn´t seem yet.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, the "I am a serious actor" part might be accompanied by a laugh, but he is dead serious about it. There is no script in the world, that would make him do a funny film or a rom com. Maybe if a good rom drama comes along...

khenton

Post by khenton »

Never say never :wink: K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think my favorite bit of all he's done, over Bond and Tattoo, is the Red Nose Day bit with Catherine Tate. I can never watch him enough in that. :lol: :lol: