News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

advicky

Post by advicky »

CRAIG TO BUY NEW HOME

DANIEL CRAIG is planning to buy a permanent home - because he is so fed up of living out of a suitcase.
The James Bond star has been staying in hotels for the past two years due to his hectic work schedule.
But Craig, 40, now feels the time is right to set up a base.
He says: "I just haven't had the time to buy anywhere. I'm hoping to get somewhere more solid this year because I've been living in hotels for the past two years.
"It's fun in some ways but in other ways it's a bit soul-destroying. I want to just get home sometimes so I'm going to figure that out this year."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... me_1086183
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

advicky wrote: CRAIG TO BUY NEW HOME

DANIEL CRAIG is planning to buy a permanent home - because he is so fed up of living out of a suitcase.
The James Bond star has been staying in hotels for the past two years due to his hectic work schedule.
He says: "I just haven't had the time to buy anywhere. I'm hoping to get somewhere more solid this year because I've been living in hotels for the past two years.
"It's fun in some ways but in other ways it's a bit soul-destroying. I want to just get home sometimes so I'm going to figure that out this year."

Didn't he buy that new apartment near Regent's Park in London, or perhaps that was just another rental?
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

bumblebee wrote:
advicky wrote: CRAIG TO BUY NEW HOME

Didn't he buy that new apartment near Regent's Park in London, or perhaps that was just another rental?
This must be a rehash of old news.
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

The Art of Craig's Dimple

http://thecodeofsilence.blogspot.com/20 ... imple.html

Mostly about his style.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JoniJoni wrote:The Art of Craig's Dimple

Mostly about his style.
This is funny, and who knew that "dimple" referred to his tie in this context! I was thinking of other things entirely, and I just love this quote:

"The biggest reason why I love Daniel Craig so much is the way the man dresses. It’s fuckin’ immaculate."
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

bumblebee wrote:

Mostly about his style.
This is funny, and who knew that "dimple" referred to his tie in this context! I was thinking of other things entirely, and I just love this quote:

"The biggest reason why I love Daniel Craig so much is the way the man dresses. It’s fuckin’ immaculate."
I guess he's missed a few of Daniel's vacay choices. It was a cute article. :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JoniJoni wrote:
bumblebee wrote:

Mostly about his style.

nice article..but I'm honestly tempted to send the author a link to the awful clothes thread :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
JoniJoni wrote:
bumblebee wrote: This is funny, and who knew that "dimple" referred to his tie in this context! I was thinking of other things entirely, and I just love this quote:

nice article..but I'm honestly tempted to send the author a link to the awful clothes thread :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Do, do, I dare you!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote:
JoniJoni wrote: I guess he's missed a few of Daniel's vacay choices. It was a cute article. :)
Do, do, I dare you!!!
Elaine says go for it! He´ll be amused I´m sure! :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

what is this dimple please?

Mark on his face? :?:

I look it up now..it means mark..the dent in his face on right side when smiling..

am i right yes?

:lol:
breefree7

Post by breefree7 »

calypso wrote:what is this dimple please?

I look it up now..it means mark..the dent in his face on right side when smiling..

am i right yes?

Yes -- a 'dimple' usually means the mark on the face when someone smiles. But in this story it means the dent in his tie, below the knot. Sometimes it can be too big or too small or too crooked, but with DC, everything - even his tie - is perfect. :D :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

breefree7 wrote:
calypso wrote:what is this dimple please?

am i right yes?

Yes -- a 'dimple' usually means the mark on the face when someone smiles. But in this story it means the dent in his tie, below the knot. Sometimes it can be too big or too small or too crooked, but with DC, everything - even his tie - is perfect. :D :D
we have a thread about his "dimples" on his back :lol: http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... php?t=1066

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Sunday Discussion: The Return of the World War II Movie

In just a few hours I’m heading down to catch the AFI Fest Closing Night screening of Defiance. Although this screening is well in advance of the film’s actual theatrical release, to me it marks the beginning of Hollywood’s interest in yet again exploring World War II. Like westerns, a handful of films set during World War II pop up almost every year, but the upcoming selection of WWII films is coming from a diverse selection of Hollywood’s finest filmmakers and features some of the best on-screen talent. As excited as I am to dive right into it all, I’m not sure the rest of America is. Others might believe that we haven’t yet seen the return of the World War II movie, but with this line-up, it’s pretty hard to disagree.

We’ve already seen a handful of WWII movies this year, including Spike Lee’s Miracle at St. Anna, Vicente Amorim’s Good, Ole Christian Madsen’s Flame & Citron and Mark Herman’s The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, but those are hardly the beginning. In addition to Edward Zwick’s Defiance hitting theaters in December, we’ve also got Bryan Singer’s Valkyrie, which has slowly been gaining buzz and is officially one of the first very high profile WWII films. Even Baz Luhrmann’s Australia is a WWII film, set during the time when the Japanese bombed Australia. From there, we move into an ambitious line-up of in-production or soon-to-be-produced films, which will all hopefully end up getting made before too long.

The next big WWII movie with the most buzz is, of course, Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, currently shooting in Germany and due out sometime late next year. In addition to that, George Lucas’ Red Tails is heading into production soon, while the next two are only in the development stage, but with hope they’ll soon be given the greenlight: Jerry Bruckheimer’s Killing Rommel and Roger Avary’s Return to Castle Wolfenstein. And we can’t forget Marvel’s The First Avenger: Captain America as well as X-Men Origins: Magneto, if that film ever gets made. As you can probably tell, a lot of these are very high profile WWII films, which we haven’t seen many of coming out of Hollywood of as of late.

This isn’t the first time I’ve talked about WWII movies being on the rise. I actually predicted way back in early 2007 that this would be a big year based on two films: Valkyrie and Inglourious Basterds. Confirmation of my prediction that the WWII movie is returning hinges on the box office success of nearly all of the aforementioned films. Right now I’m not sure Defiance or Valkyrie will be that big, but I could be wrong. Inglourious Basterds, on the other hand, is the one film that I think could be big enough to reignite America’s interest all over again. The last time that happened was back in 1998 with Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan, but looking at the list above, it seems like Hollywood is already predicting the same.

The reason why I’m so invested in this topic is because I love war movies. It might have all originally stemmed from first seeing Saving Private Ryan, but I have since always been fascinated by every last one. To me, knowing that Bryan Singer, the man behind the X-Men series, is bringing us a thriller set in WWII starring Tom Cruise, or that Quentin Tarantino is finally telling his epicly violent WWII story with Brad Pitt, or that the man behind The Last Samurai (a guilty pleasure of mine) is showing us what it would be like if James Bond were a WWII soldier, is all incredibly exciting to me. And if the success of all of these movies means we’ll get to see even more great directors taking on even more war stories, I’m all for it.

http://www.allnews.in/sunday-discussion ... movie.html
advicky

Post by advicky »

Live and let dry: Daniel Craig hogs the umbrella and lets his fiancée get wet

James Bond may be known for his way with the ladies, but it seems Daniel Craig doesn't share his charm.

The 007 actor was seen hogging the umbrella when he stepped out on a date with fiancée Satsuki Mitchell.

Despite the fact he was wearing a hat, Daniel allowed the 29-year-old beauty to take the full force of the rain.

Despite Daniel's less-than-chivalrous behaviour Satsuki seemed to be taking it all in her stride.

The film producer still had a big smile on her face as the pair left a fish restaurant in London's St Martins Lane, where they had dined with some people from his company.

The couple have been dating since meeting on the set of The Jacket in 2005 and are rumoured to be planning a wedding at the end of this year.

Daniel Craig stars in the latest James Bond Quantum of Solace, which came out in cinemas last week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... e-wet.html

:!: Photo is in the paparazzi thread :!:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Daniel Craig`s `Defiance` closes out AFI Festival

Actor News - 11-11-08

It was a week of redemption, romance and "Defiance" as the AFI Fest closed its 2008 edition, reports Variety.

Two years ago, helmer Darren Aronofsky stood at the same spot in Grauman's Chinese Theater before "The Fountain" unspooled, imploring fest auds to "please go support this film."

On Thursday, a more confident Aronofsky came back to the fest, rejuvenated by the response to his heavily lauded film "The Wrestler." After introducing co-stars Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei, Aronofsky brought out Mickey Rourke, who is clearly basking in his budding comeback.

Recalling the all-night bidding war for the pic at Toronto, Fox Searchlight topper Peter Rice said, "We just had to have this film."

On Saturday, Overture head Chris McGurk beamed over the stars -- Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson -- of his pic "Last Chance Harvey" at the film's pre-party at Citrus.

"Defiance" closed out the fest on Sunday, with stars Liev Schreiber and Jamie Bell filling in for an absent Daniel Craig. Paramount's John Lesher embraced helmer Edward Zwick, who looked positively relieved: "It took 12 years to make this movie. I couldn't be happier about where it landed."

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”