The VERY Dry Spell Meeting Point

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Hello.... :wave:

I hope people are OK.
I hope Cocky feels better.

I am FEELING the Dry Spell right now. :( I don't like to RANT too much on here and save that for my blog.... :evil: but it is causing me some worry. :? Got to be worried about something, right? :roll:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Hello.... :wave:

I hope people are OK.
I hope Cocky feels better.

I am FEELING the Dry Spell right now. :( I don't like to RANT too much on here and save that for my blog.... :evil: but it is causing me some worry. :? Got to be worried about something, right? :roll:
Hi Kitten :wave:
No better, but not really any worse - thanks for asking. I got up at lunchtime but only managed half an hour on the sofa before I needed my bed again. I've spent the afternoon reading.
Yes, the dry spell is frustrating. He's a very naughty man, keeping us all in such suspense. But we've had some very interesting discussions on the Bond 24 thread to keep us entertained.
Keep your chin up, Hun - there's got to be some news or pics soon. And then we'll be all aflutter!
SmittenDramaKitten

Thanks Cocky... I know I need to be patient but it's never been one of my strong points. :roll: :wink: Daniel is not supposed to be that important. Work is important. Family and immediate friends are important. The thing is though, HE IS important. I don't begrudge him having a rest before shooting TWT but just to say 'Hi guys, I'm doing fine and the movie is coming along..' would make such a difference. He doesn't read the forum though does he? I can't say I blame him. We might scare him off with some of our comments about his physical self. :shock: :wink: Being a Daniel fan is a tough job but someone's gotta do it! :wink: :lol:

Talking of 'immediate friends', I am worried about you. You may not want to go into details about your illness but I am concerned if you are still confined to bed. :? I hope you can start to see an improvement VERY soon. :comfort:

PS. I am going to try and post more of my story soon...
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Hello ladies! :)
I am new to the forum. I have been reading your comments for the past few days, and I couldn't resist not registering. I discovered Daniel in 2005, and I've been obsessed since! :D
At the moment, I am also eager to know some news about Daniel, and what he's up to! It was a very good news that in 2015 he is going to give us 2 movies. However, I am currently filling up time by watching his old movies and interviews. I watched Defiance this week, and I was meltinggggg especially during the scenes Tuvia had with Lilka :), especially the kissing scene :sigh:
I am still deciding on which movie I will be watching this weekend.
SmittenDramaKitten

For me, my Saturday night movie is the first 30 minutes of Flashbacks... :twisted: :thud: :drool:... and QOS. At least, I am TRYING to watch QOS and typing posts between Daniels scenes... :oops:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Wow 2005. That is longer then most here. Have you seen all of his films? If not, there are many rare gems in here. Go to the movie and tv section and just ask :wink:

Nice to see you participating.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

SilverLining wrote:Hello ladies! :)
I am new to the forum. I have been reading your comments for the past few days, and I couldn't resist not registering. I discovered Daniel in 2005, and I've been obsessed since! :D
At the moment, I am also eager to know some news about Daniel, and what he's up to! It was a very good news that in 2015 he is going to give us 2 movies. However, I am currently filling up time by watching his old movies and interviews. I watched Defiance this week, and I was meltinggggg especially during the scenes Tuvia had with Lilka :), especially the kissing scene :sigh:
I am still deciding on which movie I will be watching this weekend.
Heigh ho, SilverLining - great to have such a long-standing fan on board. I think he's delectable in Defiance, too - well, in most things, actually. And an awesomely talented actor, obviously.
I hope you decided on a movie in the end. Maybe you'll consider sharing your views on it among the reviews in the Movies thread? :)
SmittenDramaKitten

:stick_iagree: CH! I'm just amazed by how many times I've seen QOS, considering I think its his 3rd best Bond, after CR and SF. Its probably because its late and the movie isn't that long. Now, I have to go and give Daniel my undivided attention... :) :wink:
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

I think I will watch either I Dreamed of Africa or Hotel Spledide, this weekend. I will surely let you know my opinion on it :D

@Kitten: Hehe I watched Flashbacks of a fool a couple of times too, especially the introduction. Also, his conversation with Ruth at the end (when he meets her at the cemetery) is very well-made.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Hi SilverLining!! It's nice to have a new contributing member!! WELCOME! And yeah, the opening of FOAF, oh my. I've watched that many, many, many times.
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

sf2la wrote:Hi SilverLining!! It's nice to have a new contributing member!! WELCOME! And yeah, the opening of FOAF, oh my. I've watched that many, many, many times.
Thank you sf!
I also like the scene in Flashbacks when he is entering the restaurant, after his mother had given him the news of his friend. His walk is so sexy and manly!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, that swagger :wink:

The plot of the film is not very convincing, but his scenes are beautiful at least and sorta - normal Daniel in a private atmosphere fibe.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

[quote="Germangirl"]Yeah, that swagger :wink:

That arse!! :wink: :lol:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm too much of a Daniel fan to really love that movie. He is such a presence when he's on screen, and his lines, actions, etc. are really wonderful, but I think most of us here think the movie details when the flashback scenes are shown. I loved the music in that part but really just wasn't as interested in the boy as the man. I get how it helped tell the story and where he came from, but perhaps it was too long for me.
SmittenDramaKitten

Excuse the blatant self promotion but the new chapter of my story is posted.... I am SO pleased with it!!!!! :D