News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:I think, jinxing TWT might have been good, as I dont see any actor jumping at the chance to fill the gap, which should naturally be the way, if all was in a healthy place with the project. Just my two...
As far as Renner is concerned, I dont believe its being unflexible, if you dislike an actor, whom you have seen in different roles. Its a personal opinion, that I share, but he is considered a good actor on a whole. Just not my piece of cake and I dont see any similarity to Daniel, which is often mentioned. Just by this, it might not be a good idea to cast them on the same movie.

But Babs has been successful with everything she did with Daniel, so producing a film with him might be a good idea.
Re the lines in bold - maybe yes, maybe not. They wanted Daniel and it was all arranged for the shooting, so finding a new actor may be very difficult now. We'll never know what happened. I also think Daniel knew what he was doing, so I accepted his choice without any moaning.

Re Renner - well I now he's compared to Daniel sometimes, so maybe it actually would be a GOOD idea to see them both on screen and see how different they are and perhaps how good they both are without any bias.
At least that would hopefully put an end to those nonsensical comparisons.
calypso

Post by calypso »

I not know where to put, pics of Heike at Cannes

http://www.laineygossip.com/Cate-Blanch ... agon/30265

Please move if in wrong place.

Luna xxx
ImageImage
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Nice, looks like she choosing to age naturally for the moment.
Alina

Post by Alina »

She looks beautiful. Daniel has really good taste :)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Hmmm... I would like to see HM with her hair down because it looks as though she has grown it quite long. I just know her from the Obsession / Love Actually movies and I think she had the same very short, "waif" hair cut in both films. My hair is a bit like hers actually (as it was then). Or it would be if it was easier to tame! :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:I not know where to put, pics of Heike at Cannes

http://www.laineygossip.com/Cate-Blanch ... agon/30265

Please move if in wrong place.

Luna xxx
Thanks Luna and thanks to A for pointing that out:

Looks like Heike and Daniel got the same tiny star tattoo

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thanks, Luna!!! What a treat. I find it do interesting to see pics big Daniel's loves, past and present. It seemed obvious that they were once very much in love. I still recall the reply Heike made about how her friends didn't feel sorry for her now because he ended up being big and Bond and famous - that they remembered how he was - or something to that effect. Who knows -drink, other women, drugs, into himself too much -who knows - he was trying to make it big. I still consider her a lucky woman!!!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Heike was in Cannes, because she's the current German face of L'Oreal.

Funny, his (former and current) ladies seem to make it in advertising for cosmetics. :P

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:Heike was in Cannes, because she's the current German face of L'Oreal.

Funny, his (former and current) ladies seem to make it in advertising for cosmetics. :P
Really! Wow!! That's really an honor - a badge of beauty. Good for her! She's not classically beautiful to me, but she is a bit mesmerizing because she has such a unique look - big eyes and big mouth (a fave of many men.)
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

I think her personality comes across in interviews, she has that "it" factor to me.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:{TB EXCLUSIVE} WILL DANIEL CRAIG BE A BANK ROBBER IN SCREEN GEMS’ NEW THRILLER?

Reports confirm that Daniel Craig has been offered the lead role in LAYOVER, and may be robbing banks to keep himself alive. The film is an action thriller about a bank robber who must confront his nefarious past, and deal with demons he thought he left behind. Screen Gems, Endgame Entertainment, and Thunder Road have teamed together to produce the film, and Eric and Jon Hoeber are working on the current version of the script.

The film sounds like a thrill ride for Craig to frontline, and the plot has an extra layer of depth to keep us involved beyond the superficial explosions and chase scenes. It revolves around a former bank robber in hiding who must confront his murderous ex-partners when they kidnap his daughter in a plot to force him to return their stolen millions.

Craig seems to be untouchable of late, with two successful franchises still churning out consistent roles for him. His latest Bond film “Skyfall” was a critical and commercial success, and Fincher’s “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” matched if not exceeding that.

Basil Iwanyk, Jim Stem, and Julie Goldstein are producing, along with Kent Kubena and Lucas Smith executive producing. No word yet on who else the producers are eyeing to cast, but stay glued to the Tracking Board to see if Craig takes the bait.

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclus ... -thriller/
It seems that this Layover flick has been around is some shape or form for some time.
http://scriptshadow.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/layover.html
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

SG, you are always onto interesting tidbits.
Alina

Post by Alina »

A great find, Sylvia :thumbup: The script looks really interesting and exciting, I just wonder how credible the hearsay about Daniel's potential involvement is.
Maybe it's not a cosy and artistic "indie", but at first glance it looks solid and has potential to be a really good movie. My only reservation is that people may be inclined to compare it to Taken and the "rip-off" moanings might surface.
On another point, there are already TWO movies which bear this title and one of them - a TV movie of 2012 deals with abduction as well. The person abducted, however, is a "nasty"wife. I never saw it, just read the plot synopsis on IMDB.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, being conpared to something popular in plot or else is always difficult - even though this is what they say:

Yes, I know. Taken.

There’s no place for Layover to escape its “father save daughter” premise, however, Layover excels in a lot of the areas Taken was criticized for. The story is really about two old friends, now enemies, trying to stay one move ahead of each other, as each tries to get something they desperately want. It’s not going to inspire Inception like discussion afterwards, but this is more of a chess game than a footrace, and that twist on the idea is what sets the script apart.

Maybe they would change the title, if there are already two films by the name. Might be a good idea. Still sounds a lot better then Truth to me.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

http://www.tracking-board.com/ is a subscription based, legit site with almost 40k followers on twitter stating...

Hollywood's #1 Tracking Board. Get the exclusive insider details on the latest Spec Scripts, Script Sales, Industry Jobs, Talent Attachments, OWAs & Exec Moves.

for more info...

Tracking boards, Hollywood's inside source

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/n ... l?page=all